“Love is in the air” and as we approach Valentine’s Day, here are some fun facts about this annual celebration.
- Approximately 141 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged worldwide every year, making it the second most popular greeting card–giving occasion, after Christmas.
- The first Valentine’s Day box of chocolates was introduced by Richard Cadbury in 1868.
- Every Valentine’s Day the city of Verona, Italy, is flooded with letters addressed to the fictional “Juliet” from William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet.”
- The greatest structure built in the name of love: the Taj Mahal in India. The building was created by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his late wife.
- In Finland Valentine’s Day is called Ystävänpäivä, which translates into “Friend’s Day”. It’s more about remembering your buddies than your loved ones.
And our final fact is that Kingsway Mall retailers’ are ready for Valentine’s Day with an impressive array of gift ideas that your loved one(s) will fall in love with.