If you’re heading south for a winter break, there’s one thing you need to pack multiples of…bathing suits. Here are the swimwear trends that are making a splash this resort season:
- Deep plunging V-necklines, cut-outs and high-cut legs on one-piecers
- Asymmetrical ruffles, floral appliqués, and decoration on one side of the swimsuit
- Extra strings in the form of lace-up tops and asymmetrical accents on swimsuit bottoms.
- Strappy and front tied monokinis
- Mismatched bikini sets
- Retro style two-piecers with a high-waisted bottom
- A thick contrast belt around the waist or belted onto a bikini bottom, adding emphasis to the waist
- Embellishments on swimsuits include tassels, metal rings, front ties and suspenders
- Swimsuits in gingham-print, polka dots, fruit prints, stripes, metalics & velvet
- Bright colors like marigold, orange, lime green and pink
- Matching cover-up & swimsuit
And while you’re on the beach and in the sun, don’t forget to slather on lots of sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Check out the sun care products available at Shoppers Drug Mart, Sephora and the beauty department at Hudson’s Bay.
Are you escaping the cold weather and heading somewhere warm? A break to a warmer climate rejuvenates the body and spirit, and makes what’s left of winter tolerable. And it also gives us a chance to slip out of our heavy winter gear and into what the fashion world calls “resort wear”. Here are a few of the resort wear trends that will have you stylin’ if you’re heading south:
- Tropical prints are a resort mainstay for both men and women – in particular hothouse florals & palm leaves.
- Citrus fruits are the biggest colour stories – clementine, lemon & tangerine.
- Denim that is bedazzled, embroidered and distressed, but the most popular iteration for resort is a simple frayed edge.
- Replace the skinny pant leg with a wide legged pant or a bell bottom.
- Off-the-shoulder tops or one’s that feature small straps that will still bare plenty of collarbone.
- Footwear trends include flatforms, sandals with a kitten heel and slides. Don’t forget a pedi if you’re wearing open toed sandals.
- It’s hard to believe but sock-and-sandal pairings are on-trend as long as the socks have a cool-girl vibe.
Wherever you’re headed, travel safe, and stop into Kingsway Mall before you leave. Here’s just a sampling of resort wear that available from our retailers.