Are you escaping the cold weather and heading somewhere warm? A break to a warmer climate rejuvenates the body and spirit, and makes what’s left of winter tolerable. And it also gives us a chance to slip out of our heavy winter gear and into what the fashion world calls “resort wear”. Here are a few of the resort wear trends that will have you stylin’ if you’re heading south:
- Tropical prints are a resort mainstay for both men and women – in particular hothouse florals & palm leaves.
- Citrus fruits are the biggest colour stories – clementine, lemon & tangerine.
- Denim that is bedazzled, embroidered and distressed, but the most popular iteration for resort is a simple frayed edge.
- Replace the skinny pant leg with a wide legged pant or a bell bottom.
- Off-the-shoulder tops or one’s that feature small straps that will still bare plenty of collarbone.
- Footwear trends include flatforms, sandals with a kitten heel and slides. Don’t forget a pedi if you’re wearing open toed sandals.
- It’s hard to believe but sock-and-sandal pairings are on-trend as long as the socks have a cool-girl vibe.
Wherever you’re headed, travel safe, and stop into Kingsway Mall before you leave. Here’s just a sampling of resort wear that available from our retailers.