If you’re heading south for a winter break, there’s one thing you need to pack multiples of…bathing suits. Here are the swimwear trends that are making a splash this resort season:
- Deep plunging V-necklines, cut-outs and high-cut legs on one-piecers
- Asymmetrical ruffles, floral appliqués, and decoration on one side of the swimsuit
- Extra strings in the form of lace-up tops and asymmetrical accents on swimsuit bottoms.
- Strappy and front tied monokinis
- Mismatched bikini sets
- Retro style two-piecers with a high-waisted bottom
- A thick contrast belt around the waist or belted onto a bikini bottom, adding emphasis to the waist
- Embellishments on swimsuits include tassels, metal rings, front ties and suspenders
- Swimsuits in gingham-print, polka dots, fruit prints, stripes, metalics & velvet
- Bright colors like marigold, orange, lime green and pink
- Matching cover-up & swimsuit
And while you’re on the beach and in the sun, don’t forget to slather on lots of sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Check out the sun care products available at Shoppers Drug Mart, Sephora and the beauty department at Hudson’s Bay.